Why You Should Always Take the Jump



Most of the time, I live by one general rule: 

fuck it.

Translated by romantics as following your heart and by cynics as being a bit of a twat. Ask anyone with a pragmatic approach to life and they'll tell you that fucking-it (a scientific term) is almost always a bad thing. Well, I am here to tell you that it can be a good thing. In fact, what if I told you that you can be pragmatic and idealistic at the same time? You don't have to give up your dreams, you just have to save your fuck-it moments for the right things (and the right people). 

This may not be sound advice to take from someone who's been in questionable situations more times than the average person, but I'm doing alright and I'm still here living to tell the tale aren't I? Plus, I'm not insinuating that you walk around screaming YOLO and giving your fuck-it moments away quite so flippantly. Let's be real about this and dig a bit deeper. Let's have some standards, people (she says, after years of no standards).

What I mean is, and I'm talking from experience, don't fuck-it with an "it sounded like a good idea at the time" kind of decision. As I said, I have been known for my impulsivity and whilst I do uphold the mentality that we should allow ourselves some frivolous fun from time to time (the consequences aren't that ghastly), what I am really talking about are the bigger things that our hearts truly yearn for, the looming "what if's" and the longing "could be's": things that we dream of, our deepest desires. The things that make us excited and scared at the same time. These are the things we need to save our fuck-it moments for, these are the risks we need to be taking. 

I'm fed up of seeing countless articles entitled "Older Generations Biggest Regrets". Every time I read one, they all say the same thing: people regret the things they didn't do, the moments where they should have acted, the jumps they should have taken. It's time we started evolving past our ancestors 'safe' choices. What's more safe than honouring our truest feelings? The evidence is there so let's kill the idea that taking a risk is always foolish. If reading this has lit a little fire in your gut and you're having thoughts about the dreams you wish you were pursuing then this is your sign to take the jump.

What are you waiting for? 

Fuck-it




Post a Comment

0 Comments